Getting Back to the Office: What to Expect and How a Refurbishment Can Help
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on the way we work. In 2020, millions of people were forced to work from home as businesses closed their offices in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. While working from home has its benefits, many people are now eager to return to the office.
If you’re one of those people, you may be wondering what to expect when you go back. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your office may look different. Many businesses have made changes to their offices in order to make them more safe and comfortable for employees. This may include things like installing plexiglass barriers, providing more hand sanitizer, and creating more space between desks.
- You may have to adjust your work habits. When you work from home, you have a lot of control over your environment. You can set your own hours, work in your pajamas, and take breaks whenever you need them. However, when you go back to the office, you’ll need to adjust to a more structured environment. This may mean working set hours, dressing in business attire, and taking breaks in designated areas.
- You may need to learn new technologies. Many businesses have adopted new technologies during the pandemic. This may include things like video conferencing, project management software, and cloud-based file storage. If you’re not familiar with these technologies, you may need to take some time to learn how to use them.
- You may have to reconnect with your colleagues. After working from home for so long, you may have lost touch with your colleagues. It’s important to make an effort to reconnect with them when you go back to the office. This could involve setting up one-on-one meetings, joining a team lunch, or attending a company event.
How a refurbishment can help get staff back into the building
An office refurbishment can be a great way to encourage staff to return to the office. By making changes to the office environment, you can create a space that is more comfortable, productive, and inspiring.
Here are a few ways that a refurbishment can help get staff back into the office:
- Improve the air quality. One of the biggest concerns for many people about returning to the office is the risk of contracting COVID-19. A refurbishment can help to improve the air quality in the office by installing new ventilation systems and air filters.
- Create more space. Another way to make the office more appealing to staff is to create more space. This could involve removing some of the furniture, creating more open areas, or adding more breakout spaces.
- Add more amenities. Staff are more likely to want to come into the office if there are more amenities available. This could include things like a gym, a cafeteria, or a game room.
- Make the office more welcoming. The overall look and feel of the office can have a big impact on how staff feel about coming into work. A refurbishment can help to make the office more welcoming by updating the décor, adding plants, or installing new lighting.